If you’d like to help, we have a LOT for you to do – no matter what your interests, skills and abilities are.
For example, here are some of the volunteer jobs available:
Clinic Volunteers Needed:
- Accounting: manage each clinic’s accounting – professional fees charged by vet, amounts paid by clients, subsidies, donations, products sold
- Patient Coordinator/Advocates: manage intake of pets and medical information, tactfully determine amount owners are able to pay for services and bill accordingly
- Yard and Building Maintenance: raking sand, cutting weeds, checking for termites, interior painting, general oversight of building and yard condition
- Photographer: photograph volunteers, pets and pet owners at monthly clinics and feral cat trap/neuter/release clinics.
Events/Fundraising Volunteers Needed:
- Products Coordinator: keep inventory of products for sale (t-shirts, cozies, mugs), order new products when needed, manage products placed at local businesses on consignment, keep accounting of products sold and costs.
- Events Coordinator: assist in creating fundraising/volunteer events and venues, schedule volunteers, set up and work events.
- Membership Coordinator: Recruit members, manage membership data, develop membership newsletter and membership recognition programs.
Public and Media Relations Volunteers Needed:
- Writer: produce articles specifically for the PHS Website on events, pet rescues and adoptions, volunteers, etc.
Rescue and Adoption Volunteers Needed:
- Foster Parent: foster rescued dogs and cats until they are ready to be adopted and homes can be found for them.
And, if you really want to sink your teeth into a rewarding job, PHS desperately needs an Educational Director to organize and run pet-education programs for pet owners at clinics and for local primary schools in Seine Bight and Placencia, including events such as dog washes and establishing the Be Kind Belize program at area schools.
If you would like to volunteer to help with any of the above – please email, call (604-8676), message us on Facebook, or fill out our Contact Form. And, thank you in advance – from the bottom of our hearts and the hearts of the animals of the Peninsula.